The degree of rate parity observed for hotels in LATAM between brand websites and the OTAs clearly depict a stark variation by location, in the December 2016 report.
Looking deeper into the report, here are key takeaways:
- In the 3-star hotel category, Cancun has particularly maintained the maximum parity with a score of 60%.
- When it comes to the percentage of hotels that are cheaper on brand websites in the 3-star hotel category, all the hotels in Bogota prefer their own brand sites over OTAs. A score of 100% confirms that hotels here are collectively offering lower rates.
- Contrastingly, in the 4-star category, hotels in the cities like Santiago De Chile and Caracas show very low rate parity scores, which stand at 8% and 0%, respectively.
|Cities Showing Highest Parity Compliance in LATAM||Cities Showing Highest Parity Violation in LATAM|
|Cancun 3 star 60%
Cancun 4 star 50%
Sao Paulo 4 star 47%
Cancun 5 star 43%
|Lima & Bogota 3 star 00%
Caracas 4 star 00%
Bogota 5 star 08%
Santiago De Chile 5 star 08%
Hotels being cheaper on OTA sites is an interesting factor in LATAM, in the parity versus non-parity debate.
- The 3-star hotels in Mexico City and Buenos Aires have scores as high as 59% and 55%, respectively as they offer better rates on OTAs when compared to their brand websites.
- In the 4-star hotel category, Caracas scored 100%, as all the hotels here are following the same pattern as discussed in the previous point.
- In the 5-star category, hotels in Montevideo scored 83%, which shows that rates are cheaper on OTAs as compared to brand websites in this city.
Let us take a look at the parity tables (shown below) for 3-star, 4-star and 5-star hotels in LATAM.
Did you notice?
- All the 3-star hotels in Bogota are preferring to sell on brand website. The percentage of hotels cheaper on brand sites are high and the scores stand at 100%.
- Most 4-star hotels are preferring to sell on the respective brand websites. The percentage of hotels cheaper on brand sites are high and the scores stand at 100% for Caracas, 83% for Lima and 85% for Santiago De Chile.
- In the 5-star category, hotels in Montevideo, Lima and Rio De Janeiro are preferring to sell on their respective brand websites. The percentage of hotels cheaper on brand sites are high and their scores stand at 83%, 76% and 71%, respectively.
Disclaimer: The above data is indicative in nature and RateGain can’t be held liable for its accuracy or usefulness for any purpose.
RateGain specializes in web-based distribution of rates across different channels for hotels, online travel companies, and airlines. To find out more about us, please visit http://staging.rategain.com/.
Did you like the post? Do leave a comment below.